Appliance Recycling Rebates
SMECO can help you lower your energy costs — and pay you to do it. We will pick up and recycle your old, working fridge or freezer, at no charge, and you will get a $50 rebate! Have an old, working room air conditioner too? We will gladly recycle that at the same time and give you a $25 bonus!
Schedule a pickup online or call 866-261-5970 to schedule a pickup.
- You must be a residential SMECO customer-member with a valid account number.
- You must own the refrigerator and/or freezer and it must be 10 to 27 cubic feet.
- The $25 reward for recycling a room air conditioner is available only to customers recycling a refrigerator or freezer at the same time.
- Your appliance(s) must be in working (cooling) condition.
- Your appliance(s) will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- The $50 and/or $25 rewards will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of your old appliance.
- Limit of two (2) large appliances (refrigerator and/or freezer) and two (2) room air conditioners per SMECO residential account per year.
A spare refrigerator or freezer in your basement or garage could be wasting up to 1,200 kWh of energy and nearly $150 in electric costs every year. By recycling your old appliances, you’ll save energy and money.
SMECO and the Appliance Recycling Centers of America, Inc. have partnered to recycle inefficient refrigerators, freezers and room air conditioning units in the SMECO service territory as a way to reduce energy consumption and reclaim usable materials from old appliances.