Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® for Homeowners
Rebates for Homeowners
When it’s time to decide which energy efficiency improvements are right for your home and budget, consider the rebates available from SMECO to help offset costs. You could save up to $2,750!
View SMECO’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR rebate guide and talk to your contractor.
Stretch your home improvement dollars further. Here’s how:
- Take advantage of SMECO’s rebates by working with a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor.
- If you need financing, contact the Maryland Clean Energy Center for low-interest loans that can help cover the full cost of improvements.
To be eligible for rebates, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- This offer is open to all current SMECO residential customer-members applying through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program only.
- Homes must be located in the SMECO service area.
- Participants applying for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR rebates must have a central air conditioning unit, air source heat pump, or other primary electric heating system, and receive electric service from SMECO.
- Customer-members applying for HVAC-only incentives should submit a rebate application through the Residential Heating and Cooling Rebate Program.
- Certain eligible improvements might have additional requirements. To see if you qualify, request a comprehensive home energy audit from a participating contractor.
Get started with SMECO’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program!