As part of SMECO’s commitment to the community it serves, each year the Cooperative raises money for a different local charity. The two main fund-raisers are the SMECO 75 Bike Ride in June and the Charity Golf Tournament in October. Both events are supported by a group of volunteer employees, the SMECO executive team, and vendors.
The 2017 fund-raisers benefitted Southern Maryland organizations that are concerned with the environment. Each of the organizations received $11,910 from the year’s events.
- Calvert County: American Chestnut Land Trust
- Charles County: Port Tobacco River Conservancy
- Prince George’s County: Alice Ferguson Foundation
- St. Mary’s County: St. Mary’s River Watershed Association, Inc.
Charity Golf Outing Gold Sponsors:
SMECO is especially grateful to its business partners who participate in its fund-raisers. Below are the Gold Sponsors for the Charity Golf Outing that we held in September.
SMECO 75 Bike Ride:
Thanks go out to all the cyclists and sponsors who made the SMECO 75 Bike Ride a success on June 3. More than 475 cyclists came out to enjoy a ride in the Southern Maryland countryside and help raise money for local environmental organizations.
View our Flickr album for photos from the ride.Powered by flickr embed.
This year’s ride wouldn’t be possible without the support of our sponsors:
- ICF International
- J.M. Tennyson Construction LLC
- C.W. Wright
- Adams, Jenkins and Cheatham
- IP DataSystems
- New River Electrical Corporation
- Booth and Associates
- Glen and Barbara Ives - Individual
- Gordon Feinblatt LLC