SMECO’s Business Solutions Program offers incentives to reduce your upfront costs and make energy efficiency upgrades more affordable.
- Improving the energy efficiency of your facility and operations is an important way to lower costs
- SMECO’s programs help your new construction become more energy efficient
For more information about SMECO’s Business Solutions, please call (866) 235-6044 or email SMECO Business.
SMECO’s Prescriptive Program is designed to help commercial and industrial customers maximize energy savings and manage energy costs through an extensive list of proven energy conservation measures.
The Prescriptive Program offers incentives on specific, proven energy-efficient equipment that you can install without the need for a detailed engineering analysis. With cost-saving financial incentives and expert technical assistance, SMECO’s Prescriptive Program identifies the right energy efficiency measures for your business. Financial incentives can cover up to 75% of the incremental cost for new construction. All prescriptive projects require pre-approval from SMECO.
To access the application center, choose one of the following incentives:
- Lighting and Controls
- High-Efficiency Equipment (refrigeration, kitchen equipment, appliances, plug load)
SMECO recognizes that one size doesn’t always fit all; that’s why we offer customized incentives to meet your specific needs. For more complex systems and energy efficiency projects not included in the prescriptive program, SMECO offers a custom approach. Financial incentives can cover up to 75% of the incremental cost for new construction.
To be eligible for incentives, custom projects must produce energy savings. SMECO will look closely at the energy savings and costs to determine the incentive the customer may receive.
Some Custom projects can include, but are not limited to:
- Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems
- Floating Head/Suction Pressure on Refrigeration Rack Systems
- Compressed Air Systems
Before beginning the application process, talk with a SMECO Business Solutions Representative to determine the eligibility of the proposed project and to establish requirements for detailed savings projections and cost estimates. This information will be submitted to SMECO for review and evaluation of potential incentives.
Please contact us at (866) 235-6044 or email SMECO Business.
New Construction Green Building
SMECO offers technical and financial assistance to help meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building goals.
- New Construction Green Building projects may be eligible for up to $5,000 in design assistance to offset costs
- The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high-performance green buildings.
- The New Construction Green Building Application (PDF) offers developers and building owners technical and financial assistance to help meet LEED Green Building goals
- LEED gives building owners and operators the tools they need to have an immediate and measurable impact on their buildings’ performance
- Please contact us at (866) 235-6044 or email SMECO Business to get started
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.