Make every dollar count – Improving the energy efficiency of your facility and operations is an important way to lower costs. SMECO’s Business Solutions Program offers incentives to reduce your upfront costs and make energy efficiency upgrades more affordable.
Our incentives can help accelerate your project’s payback period and help you start saving today. SMECO has solutions to help you build a new facility, renovate an existing building, or replace aging inefficient equipment or systems. You choose your own contractor and have incentives paid directly to you or your contractor, or you may choose to receive a credit for incentives on your SMECO bill.
- Existing Buildings
- New Construction
- Small Business Solutions
- Education and Training
- Virtual Commissioning Services
- Additional Resources
How to Apply
SMECO is offering incentives and technical assistance to help non-residential customers identify and offset the upfront costs for energy-efficiency improvements in existing facilities as well as high-efficiency opportunities available at the time of new equipment purchases, facility modernization and new construction projects.
Beginning April 1, 2018, all incentive payments for Business Solutions program participants will be made electronically or via bill credit.
- Incentives are available to non-residential, commercial or industrial customers within the SMECO service territory.
- Incentives are available on a first come, first served basis
- All equipment must be new – Used or rebuilt equipment is not eligible for incentives – Existing equipment must be removed and not reinstalled within the SMECO service territory
- Pre-approval from SMECO is required for all custom applications and all prescriptive applications
- Prior to purchasing and installing any equipment, a completed application form and appropriate manufacturer data sheets must be submitted for review
- After the application has been pre-approved, the applicant will be notified in writing and assigned a project identification number along with any specific instructions
- The applicant may then purchase and install the pre-approved equipment
- Complete the appropriate application via the Application Center or via the PDF application forms for Technical Services or New Construction Green Building projects – Upload all required documentation such as equipment specification sheets, equipment inventory sheets, building plans and invoices
- Completed applications will be reviewed in the order received. Applicants who submit incomplete applications will be notified of missing information – SMECO may require a pre-installation inspection
- Purchase and install the pre-approved equipment according to the eligibility terms and conditions set forth in the application – Notify SMECO immediately of any changes to the scope of work, as this may necessitate additional pre-approval.
- After installing the pre-approved equipment, upload supporting documentation, including paid invoices, to the project files in the Application Center or the address on the form (for technical services, new construction green building and multifamily projects) – SMECO may require a post-installation inspection to verify compliance with program terms and conditions and to verify the accuracy of project documentation and equipment operation
- Upon review and approval of the application, SMECO will authorize payment – Beginning April 1, 2018, all incentive payments for Business Solutions program participants will be made electronically or via bill credit
Applying for Technical Services?
SMECO can help you identify and evaluate energy-saving opportunities for your unique or more complex building systems.
- Contact a SMECO Business Solutions representative at 866-235-6044 or email SMECO Business Solutions to determine your project’s eligibility
Interested in Becoming a Listed Service Provider?
If your organization provides services related to lighting, motors, HVAC systems, commercial refrigeration, variable frequency drives, process equipment, or other energy-efficient systems, SMECO offers you an opportunity to be listed as a Service Provider on the SMECO Web site. To be considered for the Service Provider listing:
- Attend program training
- Complete the online Service Provider application.
The SMECO team will review all applications. Upon acceptance, your company name and contact information will be posted in the Business Solutions Service Providers Directory.
For additional assistance, contact SMECO today!
By phone: (866) 235-6044
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.