Schedule an Appointment
When you participate in SMECO’s Home Energy Improvement Program (HEIP), you can get an HVAC tune-up to improve the performance and efficiency of your heating and cooling system—at no additional cost.Book Now
SMECO members must have an air-source heat pump or central air conditioner that is at least three years old to be eligible. For rental properties, the contractor may ask for owner approval before performing program services.
What Can I Expect?
During your appointment, a SMECO authorized contractor can help you save energy and money by restoring your system to its optimal condition through:
- System Performance Check
- Electrical inspection
- Coil inspection
- Refrigerant level inspection
- Indoor and outdoor coil cleaning (if accessible)
- Condensate drain cleaning (if accessible)
- Filter Replacement (if provided)
Preparing for the Tune-up
Ensure that the areas around your equipment are cleaned out to make it easy for your technician to gain access. Please see the following requirements for getting a Tune-up:
- For customers that have an Air Source Heat Pump (all electric homes) a tune-up can only be performed when the temperature is above 35 degrees.
- For customers that have a Furnace or any other means of heating, a central air conditioning tune-up can only be performed when the temperature is above 65 degrees.
More Ways to Save
Schedule a No-Cost Home Energy Analysis
Get energy-efficient items installed, plus rebates for energy-saving improvements.Learn More
Save $100 Instantly
Get a smart thermostat for just $5 and have it installed at no cost.Learn More
Select a Service Provider to install your recommended upgrades.
Benefits of Air Sealing
Increase efficiency, comfort, and savings by taking a whole-home approach to improvements.
Heat Pump Water Heater
Rebates make it easy to upgrade to this energy-efficient, money-saving technology.
Get answers. Check out the frequently asked questions, submit a question to a SMECO Energy Advisor, or call 877-818-4094.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.