Skip to content
- New residential customers will be required to establish credit with SMECO or pay a customer deposit
- Deposits can be paid in installments depending on the amount
- After meeting certain requirements, the deposit may be refunded after 16 months
- If you meet certain criteria you may be eligible to have your deposit waived
- Provide a credit report run in the last 12 months with a FICO score of 650 or higher.
- Provide a letter of credit from another utility
- Credit reports or letters of credit can be e-mailed to SMECO