How does it work?

SMECO will purchase renewable energy credits to cover the total amount of energy used by the members who sign up for Rider G. When you sign up, the charge for green energy will be included on your bill as an additional line item.

SMECO is already obtaining RECs to cover 32% of its energy sales, so residential and commercial members who sign up for Rider G will be charged an additional rate for the REC purchases required to cover the remaining 68% of the energy they use each month.