When: March 25-26, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: Capital Clubhouse 3033 Waldorf Market Place Waldorf, MD 20603
Cost: FREE Admission
Join us at our SMECO booth where we’ll have representatives from our Commercial and Residential Energy Efficiency programs, including Business Solutions, Schools, HEIP, and Energy Efficiency Kit.
Get there early, we’ll be giving away Energy Efficiency Kits* while supplies last!
* Limit one kit per household
Recycling Drop-Off Event – March 25, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Drop off your old, working, room air conditioner, dehumidifier, or mini fridge for recycling and receive a $25 rebate. We’ll even unload it from your vehicle, making drop-off easy, safe, and convenient.
Your time is important to us. Help us cut down on wait times for the event by completing the form in advance and bringing it with you. Please leave the ATO# blank for our team to fill out.Download Form
- You must be a SMECO residential electric customer to participate.
- Please bring your valid account number or a copy of a recent SMECO electric bill with you to the event.
- Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and mini fridges must be in working condition
- Limit of two small appliances (room air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and/or mini fridges) per SMECO residential account per year. This includes units that were collected during home pickups.
- Your $25 rebate will be mailed to you within four to six weeks
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
At SMECO, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors, and employees.
The Appliance Recycling event will have the following COVID-19 precautions in place:
- As feasible, event staff will maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet from customers.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available and will be used by staff throughout the event.
- Customers should remain in their cars during the event. Event staff will facilitate the drop-off of appliances, including directing traffic and unloading cars.
We look forward to seeing you there!