SMECO offers numerous options for you to pay your bill.
- Use SMECO’s Account Manager to view and pay your SMECO bill online – Pay with your checking account or your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) – To use Account Manager, you need to have third-party cookies enabled in your browser
- Click Pay Your Bill to make a quick and easy online payment (no need to have third-party cookies enabled in your browser) – You’ll need your account number and payment info, but no user name or password
- You can text us your payment using your mobile device if you set up an online wallet – Go to “Pay Your Bill” or login to Account Manager to store your payment info in your online wallet
- Download our free SMECO 24/7 mobile app – The app stores your payment info and offers additional conveniences
- Accounts that have a past-due balance cannot be paid online – Speak to a SMECO Customer Care Representative to make a payment – We’re open all day, every day, at (888) 440-3311.
Do You Pay Your Bill Online?
- Third party sites may charge a fee
- Customers who make an overpayment when using a third party site will not receive a refund from SMECO
- To initiate a correction, the customer must contact the third party payment site
PO Box 62261
Baltimore, MD 21264-2261
- Pay your SMECO electric bill at any Walmart with an additional fee as low as 88 cents
- Just take a copy of your bill to any Walmart MoneyCenter or Customer Service Desk
- Please allow three business days for the payment to post
- You can pay in cash or with a PIN debit card (no checks or credit cards)
Returned Item Charge
Any banking or payment item returned to the co-op unpaid by a customer’s bank will incur a charge
This applies to payments received for electric bills, customer deposits, reconnection fees, or any other charge paid to the co-op, and includes payments made utilizing third-party bill-paying services
The charge will be added to the customer’s account
A customer may request a waiver of the returned item charge if no such waiver has been given in the past 11 months
Alternate Payment Plans
If you need assistance paying your SMECO electric bill, there are a variety of assistance programs available.
- A customer who is unable to pay for electric service in accordance with SMECO’s billing practices may, under certain circumstances, negotiate an alternate payment plan
- The alternate payment plan will take into account the customer’s circumstances, financial condition, and payment history
- Arrangements for alternate payment plans can be made in Account Manager, in person, or over the phone (888) 440-3311 – Payment arrangements must be made before the termination date
- The plan negotiated will be noted on the customer’s account record at SMECO – If the customer fails to meet the obligations agreed upon, SMECO may initiate turn-off procedures without further notice for a past-due balance
Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee, Inc.
(Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties)
8371 Leonardtown Road (Old Route 5), Hughesville
Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
805 Brightseat Road, Landover
- This Energy Assistance Card (PDF) lists the OHEP’s phone numbers, as well as the numbers of other agencies that offer assistance