- Rebates are available to all eligible SMECO residential customers, regardless of electric supplier. Limit one certified hybrid heat pump water heater rebate per SMECO household, on purchases made beginning May 4, 2015, or while funds last.
- ENERGY STAR certified hybrid heat pump water heaters 55 gallons and under must have an Energy Factor of 2.0 or above. ENERGY STAR certified hybrid heat pump water heaters over 55 gallons must have an Energy Factor of 2.2 or above.
- Customer’s home must be a separately metered single-family residence (either a detached or attached unit).*
- Customers can receive a rebate one of two ways:
- Shop at a participating retailer to apply for an instant rebate coupon for immediate savings
- Work with a participating contractor to install your equipment. The participating contractor will then submit the necessary documentation on behalf of the customer
- To be processed, rebate applications submitted by a participating contractor must be accompanied by a signed Customer Verification Form and an invoice for the completed work that includes:
- Full name of the SMECO account holder
- Premise location where the work was completed
- Itemized invoice
- Service date
- Complete cost of the work performed
- Model and serial number of equipment installed
*Attached units are defined as duplexes, condominiums or townhouses that have their own water heaters. Multifamily residential water heaters are not eligible. Customers with individually-metered water heaters are eligible.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.