The Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program is available to income-qualified homeowners and features significantly increased rebates for energy-saving upgrades.
The program takes a whole-house approach to improving your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, durability and safety. For more information, take a look at our Assisted Home Performance brochure.
Benefits of Participating
- Take advantage of rebates that can cover up to 75 percent of the cost of energy-saving upgrades, up to $7,500.
- Enjoy improved comfort, increased energy efficiency and lower monthly energy costs after your home energy audit and completion of the recommended home upgrades.
How The Program Works:
- Determine if you’re a qualified homeowner using the income eligibility table.
- Complete your $100 Home Energy Audit with a Home Performance participating contractor.
- Download and fill out the Assisted Home Performance application form.
- Contact us at 1-877-818-4094, choose “Home Performance” from the menu and ask the representative about the Assisted Home Performance program.
We will email a secure file link to you for your application and sensitive documents. Your documentation will need to include your most recent federal tax return.
- Receive notification from SMECO of your approval (or denial) of eligibility for the Assisted Home Performance Program rebates.
- If you are approved, provide your chosen contractor with your confirmation letter, and they will be able to submit documentation for the Assisted Home Performance rebates on your behalf.
- If you do not qualify, you are still eligible to participate in SMECO’s other energy efficiency programs or the State of Maryland’s Department of Housing and Community Development Energy Efficiency Programs.
- Complete your home energy efficiency improvements with your chosen participating contractor. Your contractor will install the upgrades you choose and process your rebates on your behalf.
Rebates and Financing
- Rebates up to $7,500 are available to cover up to 75 percent of the cost of your upgrades. You are responsible for paying the remaining cost of the upgrades.
- Energy Finance Solutions – Loans for qualified applicants up to $15,000 (unsecured), beginning at 8.49 percent with fixed-rate terms up to 10 years.
If you are interested in financing opportunities, the preferred lender for this program in the SMECO territory is: