Businesses across Southern Maryland are making energy upgrades with SMECO’s Business Solutions and Small Business Solutions Programs and getting rebates to help cover the costs.
- Calvert County Public Schools (PDF) recently completed 23 energy efficiency projects, most to upgrade lighting and install lighting controls. By participating in the SMECO Business Solutions program, the schools received $88,152 in incentives for these projects, and expect to receive even more from additional projects.
- Miller Cabinetmakers (PDF) took advantage of the incentives available through the SMECO Business Solutions program to complete the lighting upgrades—a decision that put $6,150 back in their pockets.
- St. Mary’s Nursing Center (PDF) received incentives totaling $52,688 for installing energy-efficient lighting; occupancy sensors; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); and commercial food service equipment that will result in more than 241,960 kWh in annual energy savings.
- University of Maryland Laboratory (PDF) looked to SMECO’s Business Solutions program for help upgrading the lab’s exhaust system and making it more energy efficient. The effort resulted in a 27% reduction in energy consumption, and available incentives saved the university $115,762 off the project cost.
Small Business Solutions
- Mechanicsville Building and Supply (PDF) upgraded their facility’s lighting through its Small Business Solutions program. The decision paid off in a brighter, more inviting space and more than $6,000 in rebates.
For additional assistance, contact SMECO today!
By phone: 1-866-235-6044 (toll-free)
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.