The Small Business Solutions Program can help you upgrade to energy-efficient equipment and save up to 80 percent on the project cost for most lighting, refrigeration, and smart thermostat retrofit projects — plus some related expenses.
We offer cash incentives to all SMECO commercial customers with a monthly demand of 60 kW or less over a 12-month period. So whether you own a convenience store, serve at a place of worship, or run a small family business, you can reduce your energy costs and enhance workplace comfort.
Is My Business Eligible?
Look at your most recent bill and check your monthly kW demand.
Save Energy, Save Money
- Energy-efficient technologies reduce your energy use and costs.
- Retrofits offer a quick return on your investment.
- Energy-efficient equipment streamlines operations and can boost workplace productivity and employee comfort.
- Interior lighting
- Exterior lighting
- Lighting controls
- Refrigeration controls and other cooling-related technologies, like freezer and refrigeration cases.
Smart Thermostat Incentives
- ecobee3 lite smart thermostat
- Professional installation
- Comprehensive on-site energy analysis and recommendations to improve your overall efficiency.
- Up to 80 percent savings on installation or project cost for most upgrades—plus some related expenses.
- Approved contractors make upgrading easy.
- Removal and environmentally responsible disposal of fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
Small Business Spotlight
See how a Maryland small business is saving energy and saving money through the Small Business Solutions Program:
Mechanicsville Building and Supply Spotlight
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.