Want to save energy and money? Sign up for SMECO’s Home Energy Improvement Program. A SMECO Energy Advisor will do a no-cost home energy analysis to show you how you can save every month on your energy costs.
Your SMECO Energy Advisor will also provide you with tailor-made recommendations that show you how you can get the most bang for your buck. You choose the upgrades that suit your needs, work with an installation contractor, and get instant rebates up to $7,500.
Plus, with your approval, you’ll also get energy-saving items installed on the spot, such as:
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow showerheads
- Pipe insulation (electric water heaters only)
- Smart power strips
When you schedule your home energy analysis, let us know if you are interested in switching to a smart thermostat—you can get a $100 instant rebate* for qualifying models and no-cost installation (limit 3 per household)!** You can also request a no-cost HVAC system tune-up. Learn more about the recent addition of upgrades to Heat Pump Water Heaters.Schedule your home energy analysis today.
* To receive the $100 thermostat rebate through the HEIP program, a Honeywell Thermostat must be purchased and installed by a SMECO-approved installation contractor. When scheduling your home energy analysis, select your interest and a SMECO preferred HVAC contractor will contact you to schedule your smart thermostat installation. Units purchased via retailers or SMECO Online Store are not eligible for the HEIP no-cost installation service.
Would you like to have a smart thermostat installed? When requesting an HEIP appointment, click “yes” and a SMECO preferred HVAC contractor will contact you to schedule your smart thermostat installation.
** Must have central AC or heat pump to qualify for rebate.
- Request an Appointment
- How to Participate
- Typical Improvements
- Instant Rebates for Homeowners
- Ask an Energy Advisor
- Additional Resources
- SMECO Energy Efficiency Programs
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.