The Small Business Solutions program helps small business owners save energy and address their energy efficiency challenges. Making your business more energy efficient is an effective way to save energy and money.
The Small Business Solutions Program helps small nonprofits and owners of small businesses sustain a competitive position in their field by aiding them in managing and reducing their energy costs. Whether you own a convenience store, place of worship, small family business, or diner, you can reduce your energy costs while enhancing workplace comfort. The Small Business Solutions Program offers small business customers the opportunity to retrofit existing equipment with more energy efficient technologies.
Incentives and technical assistance for the following retrofit projects:
- Qualifying Interior LED lighting and lighting controls
- Qualifying Exterior LED lighting and lighting controls
- Refrigeration and cooling
The program is open to all SMECO commercial customers with rate codes 401, 402, 403 and 404 with demand of less than 60 kW.
Benefits for upgrading your existing equipment:
- Prequalified contractor that makes upgrading easy.
- Comprehensive on-site energy analysis and recommendations to improve your overall efficiency.
- Up to 80% coverage of total cost for most lighting, refrigeration control retrofit projects plus some related expenses.
- Equipment installed at your convenience.
- Removal and environmentally responsible disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
- Quick return on investment, often in less than one year.
Learn how other small businesses are saving energy and saving money with the Small Business Solutions Program.
To participate in this program, you must use SMECO’s approved program contractors.
To get started, contact:
|Charles, Prince George’s||C&J Contractors, LLC||
|Calvert, St. Mary’s||Energy Select, LLC||
To upgrade to smart thermostats, contact the approved SMECO program contractor listed below.
If you have a business, such as a restaurant or convenience store, that has refrigeration or other cooling-related needs, contact the approved SMECO program contractor listed below.
For additional assistance, contact SMECO today!
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate.