Account Manager makes handling your SMECO electric bills convenient, easy, and efficient. When you enroll in electronic billing, you get comprehensive payment and account information with one-click access to a variety of options.
- Update your contact information
- Go paperless – receive your bill by e-mail
- Manage your Notification Preferences: e-mail and text options
- Enroll in Budget Billing to make your bill the same every month
- Receive payment notices by e-mail
- Get outage and payment texts on your phone
To sign up for electronic billing, go to Enroll New User. After you set up your online account, go to Notification Preferences and enter your e-mail address and mobile phone number.
Whenever you log in to view or pay your bill, review your account, or update your Notification Preferences in Account Manager, your energy use data will appear.
- Energy Use Details graphs show energy use and monthly bill information, along with average temperatures, to provide insights into how much energy you use and when you use it.
- Not only can you see monthly meter readings, you can also see weekly and hourly energy use info.
- Looking for Ways to Save? You’ll find handy tips to help you reduce your bill on this tab.
- Compare this month’s bill to last month or your bill for last year using the Bill Comparison tab.
- Want to know how much your bill will be this month? Look at the Bill Forecast tab to see an estimate of your upcoming bill. (It’s based on how much electricity you’ve used so far during the current billing period, the weather, and the number of days in the billing period.)
- How does your energy use compare to other homes that are similar to yours? Look under the Neighbor Comparison tab.
- What’s the biggest part of your bill? Heating? Cooling? Water heating? Review the Energy Use Profile tab to see what’s using the most electricity in your household.
If you haven’t used it before, enroll in Account Manager now.
Customer-Members who provide their e-mail address will receive weekly e-mails with information about how much electricity they used during the previous week. Go to Notification Preferences in Account Manager to sign up.
High bill alerts:
Just provide your mobile phone number to receive a text message when your energy use is unusually high (30 percent or more). Go to Notification Preferences in Account Manager to sign up.