Heating and cooling may account for as much as half of your home’s energy use. SMECO offers rebates up to $1,620 on equipment and services to improve the efficiency of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Questions? Please contact your Contractor or our Call Center at 1-877-818-4094.
To get your HVAC rebates:
- Contact a participating HVAC contractor
- Work with your contractor to identify the energy efficient HVAC system that works for your home.
- Choose your upgrades and have your contractor perform the installations.
- Have your contractor submit your rebate application for you.
- Get cash back up to $1,620!
Ways to save up to $1,620 on new high-efficiency HVAC equipment:
|Equipment (AHRI Rated)||Efficiency Level||Rebate Amount|
|ASHP Tier 1||≥ 16 SEER, ≥ 13 EER, ≥ 9 HSPF||$675|
|ASHP Tier 2||≥ 18 SEER, ≥ 13 EER, ≥ 9.5 HSPF||$1,125|
|CAC Tier 1||≥ 16 SEER and ≥ 13 EER||$450|
|CAC Tier 2||≥ 18 SEER and ≥ 13 EER||$900|
|Ductless Mini Split ASHP Tier 1||≥ 14.5 SEER, ≥ 12 EER, ≥ 8.2 HSPF||$180|
|Ductless Mini Split ASHP Tier 2||≥ 18 SEER, ≥ 12.5 EER, ≥ 9.0 HSPF||$360|
|Multi-Zone Ductless Mini Split ASHP||≥ 15.5 SEER, ≥ 12.5 EER, ≥ 8.6 HSPF||$540|
|Geothermal Heat Pump||≥ 17.1 EER and ≥ 3.6 COP||$1,620|
SEER = Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating – A rating that denotes the efficiency of air conditioning equipment. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the unit and the lower the operating cost. EER = Energy Efficiency Rating – The ratio of an air conditioning unit’s cooling capacity in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour to the total electrical input in watts. HSPF = Heating Seasonal Performance Factor – The total heating output of a heat pump in BTUs during its normal usage period for heating, as divided by the total electrical energy input in watt-hours during the same period. COP = Coefficient of Performance – A ratio that measures the efficiency of a heat pump. The higher the number, the more efficient the heat pump.
Rebate Brochure (PDF)
Get more information (PDF) about HVAC rebates and find tips for purchasing high-efficiency heating and cooling systems.
Tips for Saving on Heating and Cooling:
- Maintain your HVAC systems with routine maintenance throughout the year.
- Add insulation to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Install and use a programmable thermostat.
- Choose ENERGY STAR® certified models when it is time to replace your equipment.
Source: ENERGY STAR
For questions or more information about the Heating and Cooling program, please call 1-877-818-4094.
This program supports EmPOWER Maryland.
HVAC contractors who wish to participate in the rebate program can download applications and other information.