Every year, SMECO conducts its members’ meeting for the purpose of electing directors and voting on bylaw changes.
As a member, you have the right to vote.
Updating Your Address
Ballots are mailed to all members. In order to receive your ballot, it’s important that SMECO has your correct mailing address. To update your mailing information, you can call (888) 440-3311 or you can use Account Manager online.
- Log in with your password and user name (Click “Enroll New User” to begin the setup process if you are a new user)
- Select “View/Update Account Info” at the top right and update your information
If you have multiple account addresses, you can designate the one where you would like to receive your annual meeting ballot by calling and speaking to a Customer Care Representative.
Shaped by the
Communities We Serve
SMECO Puts Its Members First
As a cooperative, SMECO will always put its members first—the power you can count on:
- SMECO was incorporated in 1937 and is one of the 15 largest electric cooperatives in the United States with more than 170,000 member accounts in Calvert, Charles, St. Mary’s, and southern Prince George’s counties
- At the end of each year, SMECO’s margins (profits) are allocated to members’ capital credit accounts
- SMECO uses its profits to invest in:
- New construction
- System improvements
- Facility upgrades
- And more
- The Board of Directors regularly evaluates the financial condition of the cooperative and determines when members will receive a refund. Since 1937, SMECO has refunded $116 million.