Get the competitive edge you need in today's marketplace by becoming a participating contractor.
Step 1: Review the process below. If you have questions or would like to proceed, send us an e-mail. An account manager will contact you to:
- Explain the program in more detail.
- Discuss how Home Performance with ENERGY STAR can work for your business.
- Help you prepare for the next stage of business development.
Step 2: Obtain the required certifications, including:
- Maryland Home Improvement Commission Contractors License
- BPI Building Analyst Certification*
- BPI Envelope Professional Certification*
- EPA Lead-Safe Certificate
*Each participating contractor must have at least one certified Building Analyst and at least one Envelope Professional on staff in the service area.
Step 3: Complete and submit the Contractor Participation Agreement. An account manager will review your application and verify that you meet all program requirements, including insurance coverage and access to diagnostic equipment.
Step 4: Once approved, you'll be added to the list of participating contractors. Your account manager will meet with you to discuss:
- Marketing resources available to you and how to get the most from your participation.
- Program incentives and the job reporting process.
- How to use the Beacon Home Energy Advisor software to estimate energy savings from proposed work, produce professional reports for customers, and report evaluations and installed work to SMECO.